OR CALL 1300669664
Mining is a hazardous job, and if you work in the mining area, there are a lot of considerations that you need to take a look at. For example:
- Do you work near explosives or do you handle them?
- What kind of places are you working at – hard rock, coal, surface or underground?
- Are you working offshore?
Though the Australian mines are a lot safer than the mines across the world, mines are a dangerous place to work in and you need the correct Mining Public Liability Insurance. There are several insurance companies, which consider that underground mining work is too risky and so they offer very limited insurance cover to the underground mine workers or miners handling explosives.
The most common insurances for the miners are:
- Public Liability Insurance – Covers you whilst on a work site.
- Life insurance – This covers you in the event of your death.
- Income protection insurance – This covers you if you can’t work for some time.
- TPD insurance – This covers you when an injury leaves you in a state whereby you cannot work again.
Getting the Mining Public Liability Insurance Quote
In order to obtain a Mining Public Liability Insurance quote, a number of simple questions are asked by our website that helps us find the best possible quote for you. Here’s a list of several questions you should be prepared for…
- What percentage of the work is done underground verses the amount of work that is done above the ground?
- What are the actual activities that are performed on a daily basis?
- What type of rock is mined? Is it soft or hard rock?
- How many years have the Principals of the company been involved with mining?
- Are there written contracts with the mine owners?
- Where is the mine location?
- Are there any products that are manufactured at the site?
- What are the safety features that are in place for employees including clothing?
- Is there blasting or explosive work done at the mining location? Is it always done by employees or subcontractors?
- Are hot works performed at the mining location? Is it done by employees or subcontractors?
- What safety procedures are required? Do all safety procedures comply with the Australian Safety board Standards?
- Have there been any claims in the past five years?
- Has an insurer declined indemnity for any claim in the past?
- Has a previous insurer cancelled or refused to renew any policies?
The costs are different between various providers and taking the time to shop around for quotes from all the different insurance providers can be very time consuming.
However, there is a great way to get a quote from multiple companies at the same time, and that is to use an online system that will automatically generate the most appropriate Mining Public Liability Insurance quote for you. If you have any further questions feel free to contact our insurance specialists on 1300 669 664.