Do you need to get wholesaler insurance for your business?

The occupation of wholesaling can be a difficult one when it comes to insurance. One of the issues customers often come across is fire cover and businesses not being insured for the full amount of cover for stock and contents. Seasonal increases in stock in high seasons need to be looked at. Things that are great for the business such as growth can make issues down the line from an insurance standpoint. Underinsurance is now and always has been a big issue. Just because you are insured for a certain amount, doesn’t always mean a customer is going to be paid out for that amount by the insurer.

This why it is always good to let your Bluewell insurance consultant know if your circumstances have changed.


Around the world

Importing and exporting is also another hot button issue when it comes to wholesale insurance. Clients importing some or all products from overseas are legally considered to be the manufacturer of those products. Yes that is correct, the legal liability of a product is yours alone to bear. So if your product causes injury to someone or if it causes property damage under Australian law you are considered legally responsible for that item. Issues also arise sometime from exporting overseas as in some circumstances you can be sued from overseas, especially from places such as the USA, which is why you find a lot of insurance policies excluding the USA & Canada.


What can Bluewell help you with?

Typically customers can get cover for wholesale insurance for things like:


  • Fire insurance for stock and contents
  • Theft cover for stock and contents
  • Public liability insurance and if you do export overseas let us know so we can get it included on your policy.
  • Transit insurance for both domestic and international transportation of your stock
  • Glass cover &;
  • Machinery breakdown, plus many more

You can call today on 1300 669664 or click on the button above to get your quote started