Performing Arts Insurance

Performing Arts Insurance


You wouldn’t think that being an artist is that dangerous, but you would be wrong. Performers are actually putting themselves at risk every day, with every single training session and every single performance. Whether they are dancers, wire walkers, bands or groups on tour, or even fire breathers, they are all doing something potentially dangerous, and they need insurance.

In fact, even music teachers, actors, or singers need insurance – why? Because, if they lose the ability to do their job, they need to be covered. Any line of work can be risky, and when your entire livelihood depends on your ability to perform, you bet that you have to insure yourself, just in case.
You never know what’s going to happen. One minute, you are performing your act, and the next, something terrible has happened. Well, when the unfortunate and unforeseeable does happen, you have to be prepared. This means potential legal fees, liability, claims against you, etc.

What kind of insurance do you need?

Depending on your job, you may need several different types of insurance. Ask yourself some questions: do you work alone, or with a partner or team? How dangerous is your work? Are you engaging in stunts? Can you sustain yourself doing something else, in the case of an accident? How often do you engage in risky behaviour? How high is your potential for liability? Do you use any tools or equipment, such as musical instruments?

Who we provide coverage for:

The performing arts are a wide and diverse scene where many different talents are displayed. But regardless of your talent, you need to be protected, in case something happens. While the level of risk involved dictates the price, every performing artist needs to be safe.

  • Aerial performers
  • Gymnasts
  • Face painters
  • Singers
  • Fire acts
  • Choreographers
  • Authors
  • Dancers
  • Artists
  • Actors and actresses
  • Musicians and composers
  • Magicians and illusionists
  • Comedians
  • Circus performers
  • And more!

Performance Arts Insurance provides liability protection for:

  • Product liability
  • Damage or loss of property for a third party ( Public Liability )
  • Limited companies, groups or bands, and sole traders
  • Injury to third parties

Coverage for tools and equipment:

If you are a performing artist who uses tools and equipment such as musical instruments, you are going to need coverage for things like damage or theft. Equipment and Musical Instrument Insurance includes:

  • Lighting equipment
  • Video equipment
  • Musical instruments
  • Audio recording equipment
  • Karaoke and DJ equipment
  • Sound reinforcement systems

Bluewell Insurance Brokers have the necessary experience to be able to guide you in the right direction. We are able to help you pick out the right kind of coverage for the specific needs of your niche and for the risk level that your performance requires. You don’t need to put yourself at risk, when you can ensure that you will be protected, no matter what.

If you wish to receive a quote, or if you need any other details on Performing Arts Insurance, feel free to discuss with us. You can always call us on 1300669664