We have many years of experience in helping out Australia Scaffolders find the right Scaffolder Insurance & Public Liability Insurance for the right price. So call us today and ask one of our consultants how we can help you.
We can help you secure a cover that will aid you meet your contractual obligations and secure your next job. Being a higher risk occupation, many insurance companies will not offer cover for Scaffolders.
When you’re in the scaffolding business, there are several kinds of insurance you should consider looking at. Here are three of the most important types and what they entail:
Then, we have public liability, which is, perhaps, the most important type of coverage. The worst thing that can happen on the job is that a person gets injured, and even property damage can be a terrible occurrence.
Scaffolding comes with risks, sometimes even death, if there is an injury of those found under the scaffolding. Such accidents are terrible and rare, but protecting yourself against them is important, as well as protecting your business.
Tragedies tend to come with a hefty price tag, especially if you are found at fault for the accident. Public liability coverage can make sure that in the eventuality of such damage to property or human life, the claims brought against you can be covered.
Public liability insurance is essential whether or not you are actually at fault; by the time you are found not guilty, the legal fees increase, and you need someone to cover their cost. Charges can vary depending on height, so make sure you specify the environment you work in when taking out insurance.
What we can offer:
- $5 million
- $10 million &,
- $20 million public liability insurance cover
- Higher limits by request
- Cover for your sub-contractors by request (Higher premiums will apply)
- Cover for commercial and residential works
- High level works over 10 meters
- Cover for inner city work
- Cover for high-risk situation, like Mine sites, marine & Grandstands
Everyone knows that working in scaffolding is risky; heights are not to be underestimated, and what about the potentially life-altering injuries one may sustain? As a worker in scaffolding, you never know when you may need to take time off to recuperate, so that means no income.
That’s why it is vitally important for you to secure your financial future with income protection, especially if you work for yourself. As an employee, you benefit from certain advantages, such as workers’ compensation and sick leave, but if you’re going to be out of the field for an extended stretch of time, income protection is the way to go.
Worse even, you may sustain an injury that can end your career. It’s a terrible thing to think about, but when you work in a field with high risk, this is something you need to prepare for, in order to protect your future and the one of your family.
What about when your scaffolding gear gets damaged? That may not happen often, but when it does, it can set you back quite a bit – equipment is expensive, so the money you lose when you have to replace it is not a small amount.
Fortunately, it is possible for you to ensure your tools and equipment, so that you are protected in case of damage on the job, in an accident, in the event of lightning or fire, or even in the case of theft.
In addition, you may also benefit from insurance coverage for leaving your equipment on site overnight. You may not think you need it until your tools get stolen and replacing them hurts your wallet.
What sort of claims do scaffolders have?
- Collapse of scaffolding due to poor construction
- Collapse of scaffolding due to unforeseen weather events
- Dropping of equipment from height
- Trip and fall claims for people on your job site
- Worker to worker claims for contractors and Sub-contractors who injure themselves on your job site.
- Damage of structures scaffolders are working on
- Getting sued by local state workers compensation due to claim made by contractors and Sub-contractors
- Fines due to Occupation health and safety breaches
- Fairwork cases due to things like unfair dismissal and associated legal cost.
We can help with all types of cover such as:
- Business insurance
- Life and income protection
- Professional Indemnity
- Home and contents insurance
- Truck and Equipment Insurance
Call us today to enable us to help you with your business or personal insurances 1300 669 664.